Trinity United Methodist Church
September 18th and 19th we are celebrating our 126 years of ministry! (This is because we were unable to celebrate to last year due to COVID.)
One September 18th is the annual Fall Event beginning at 8am with a Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser, UMW Bazaar and vendors, music, lunch, bicycle ride, and historical program. Something for all ages!
On the 19th, we will celebrate during worship at 9:10am followed by a group picture and fellowship time!
What It Means To Belong To Trinity
The mission of Trinity United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The love of God and love of neighbor are essential to providing a place for this transformation. The heart of Christian Ministry is accomplished by welcoming, leading, nurturing and sending out.
The church had its beginning under the pastorate of William Klinefelter (1892-93). He would occasionally preach at the school house one mile north of Bolan. In the fall of 1894, under the direction of Rev. Lang, the United Evangelical Church of Bolan was organized, built for $2,000, and dedicated in February 1895. Byron P. Kenison was a charter member of the church and organized the first Sunday School. In October 1949, the church was destroyed by fire. Immediately work was started on a new church. The present building was dedicated in July 1950. Bolan and Manly churches have been served by the same pastors since 1964. In 1968, the Evangelical United Brethren church merged with the Methodist church
PO Box Q
Manly, IA 50456-0716
4214 Tulip Ln
Kensett, IA 50448-7590